Each day of the prayer guide includes a passage of Scripture to read, a devotional, and some pointers for prayer and repentance.
Ways you can receive the prayer guide (choose what works best for you):
1) Receive the daily prayer guide in your inbox every day by subscribing to the blog below. You will receive a “confirm your subscription” email from WordPress. Make sure to open the email and click “confirm” to successfully subscribe!
2) Check this blog every 10 days for a printable version of the prayer guide.
- Days 1-10, Av 30 – Elul 9, 8/27-9/5. These first 10 days will be focusing on some passages from the book of Isaiah on repentance.
- Days 11-20, Elul 10-19, 9/6-9/15. These next 10 days will be focusing on prayers of repentance from the Bible, with passages from Luke, Nehemiah, Daniel, and Psalms.
- Days 21-30, Elul 20-29, 9/16-9/25. These 10 days will focus on examples of repentance in the Word of God.
- Days 31-40, Tishrei 1-10, 9/26-10/5. These final 10 days, the days of Awe, will focus on God’s calls to repentance, mending relationships, and taking action. Each day will have a point to repent for the day based on the 10 commandments in Exodus 20 and other Bible passages.
Special version with Chinese translation:
Special version with LARGER FONT:
- Days 1-10, Av 30 – Elul 9, 8/27-9/5 (with LARGER FONT)
- Days 11-20, Elul 10-19, 9/6-9/15 (with LARGER FONT)
- Days 21-30, Elul 20-29, 9/16-9/25 (with LARGER FONT)
- Days 31-40, Tishrei 1-10, 9/26-10/5 (with LARGER FONT)
Special version including Scripture passages in the PDF:
- Days 1-10, Av 30 – Elul 9, 8/27-9/5 (including Scripture passages)
- Days 11-20, Elul 10-19, 9/6-9/15 (including Scripture passages)
- Days 21-30, Elul 20-29, 9/16-9/25 (including Scripture passages)
- Days 31-40, Tishrei 1-10, 9/26-10/5 (including Scripture passages)
How to use the prayer guide:
- Read the passage of the day (i.e., Isaiah 1:10-15)
- Read the “devotional” of the day
- Pray (however you like – you can write your prayers in a prayer journal or just pray out loud!)
May you be blessed as you draw closer to our Father!
“But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.”
— 1 Peter 4:7
Day 40, Tishrei 10 – Return to the Lord’s liberty
Sunset of 10/4 Tuesday to sunset of 10/5 Wednesday Today is Yom Kippur, the “Day of Atonement.” Yom Kippur takes place on the tenth day of the seventh month of the Biblical calendar. Yom Kippur was the holiest day of the year, the one day of the year when the high priest would enter the…
Day 39, Tishrei 9 – Return to forgiveness
Sunset of 10/3 Monday to sunset of 10/4 Tuesday Read Matthew 6:9-15 Today is the last day before Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. As we pray for God’s forgiveness, we must forgive others, too. Our sins are so great and so many – they are like a debt of trillions of dollars to God,…